As we are getting the 2021 BTB Season going with practices, there are some COVID-19 Safety Plans we need to all remember and abide by.
BAC has an COVID Plan for Outdoors that BTB needs to follow. All coaches have been made aware of this plan and have taken the necessary actions that they need to make for their team.
When you registered your player for the season, you signed the COVID waiver in order to play. Failure to follow the procedures in the BAC Safety Procedures will result in player/family suspension from any team activities. Here are a few of them to highlight:
- Only the player will be allowed on or near the playing field for practices - parents are to stay in car
- All players and coaches will be masked upon arrival during practice or competition and departure
- Every practice will have a monitor to oversee the practice, this monitor will watch from their vehicle or maintain a 30 foot distance from the field, players and coaches. They will not count against the 25 participation. This monitor will communicate after each event and provide feedback to the BAC Board
- All players and coach will remain 6 feet apart whenever possible, this includes team meetings. Before and After game 'talks' should maintain the 6ft rule. Covid Monitor will enforce this
- Coach will be responsible for all practice gear and should maintain possession and sanitze between events
- There is to be no sharing of equipment, including Helmets, Bats, Gloves.
- Spectators should not arrive more than 10 min before a scheduled game and must leave immediately following the game. All spectators will remain 6ft apart while in attendance.
Please make sure to read all of the guidelines in the safety plan that are attached (you can also find this on the BAC website under documents - COVID plans). Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to a BTB Board Member.
Our goal is to keep everyone healthy, safe, and playing baseball this season!
As always, please stay home if your child is feeling ill (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle pain, headache, loss of taste or smell).