Welcome to Burnsville Traveling Basketball!
Burnsville Traveling Basketball is a fun and competitive basketball program for kids in grades 3-8 who attend a District 191 school or live in the ISD 191 boundaries. We operate under the umbrella of the Burnsville Athletic Club (BAC), a volunteer-based non-profit organization dedicated to the development of the community's young people through sports.
Our program requires tryouts and offers the opportunity for players to participate tournaments throughout the metro area from November - March. Including the opportunity to compete at the State Tournament in March.
September 18: In Person Registration (6PM) and MANDATORY Parent Meeting (7PM)
September 22: Mandatory Try Outs (Registration Closes)
Visit our contact page and one of our volunteer board members would be happy to assist you.
- - - - -
Pre-Tryout Open Gym Practices
We are hosting open gym sessions for our players on Wednesday nights through the summer from 6:30 - 8:30pm in the gyms at the Burnsville High School Activity Center. Please bring your own basketball.
Who: Potential Burnsville Traveling Basketball players who will be in grades 3-8 for 2019/20 season
What: Open Gyms practices including scrimmages
When: Wednesdays through September 18th
Where: BHS Activity Center gyms
Why: Keep your skills sharp and have fun playing basketball
Details and Reminders:
- Bring your own basketball!
- Players/parents must print and complete the waiver and bring it to your first session. You may not play without a signed waiver. No exceptions.
- Players must behave themselves. We will have zero tolerance for behavior issues. Be respectful or be gone.
- Players may not roam other areas of the school for any reason. This is a quick way to ruin it for everybody so don’t be in places you don’t belong.
- We’ll have three courts running for safety reasons: one for younger players (4-6), one for older players (7-8) with a third for warmups and individual skills.
- This opportunity is for Burnsville traveling players only since cost is being covered by our organization. (Sorry, no buddies from other schools/teams or your cousin from Kalamazoo.)
- Players must be picked up by 8:30pm sharp! Volunteers can’t leave before all players are picked up and late pickup forces them to wait.
- If parents choose to stay and watch, please spectate from gallery area outside the gym. This gives our boys a chance to figure out how to do this for themselves: keep score, resolve disputes, call own fouls, etc.
- Courts will be monitored/supervised but there will be no trainer, ice, etc.
- We depend on parent volunteers for supervision. Please consider signing up for a few sessions if you can. Here’s a link to signup genius
****You can find the waiver and open gym details by clicking here